Sunday, February 17, 2008

Evan's Eyes - Update


Here is an update. After being very concerned my pediatrician suggested to take pictures of Evan's eyes. I started taking pictures and Evan's dilation issues are happening about twice a day, what I can catch anyway. On Valentine's day it happened 6 times, so I made another appt on Friday with the optomologist again to give updated facts after taking many pictures that captured his left eye with a droopy eyelid and a small pupil (same eye with birthmark) and the right eye dilated (large pupil). The droop and dilation issues are happening at the same time. These episodes continue to come and go, therefore they go back to normal. They think Evan has Horner's Syndrome. The optomologist's opinion at this point is to do a CT Scan. We have one scheduled on Wed at 1PM, but I still need to talk to my pediatrian. I'm going to try to squeezed in another appt with another group of optomologist and a dermatologist (because of the birth mark near his droopy eye) before Wed. Mike leaves for India on the 25th, so I'm rushing to get as much as I can done before he leaves. If we go with the CT Scan we should get the results in 24hrs. In the office yesterday, they put eye drops in and dilated both eyes. Also, I decided with the permission from my DR to stop the nuberlizer treatments of Pulmicort and Albuterol. Although the optomologist and the pediatrician did not think these medicines were causing these issues.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: